Penny Ashton - 1990
Allow ½ per person
Microwave & Conventional
|BAKED ACORN SQUASH|
|These are the 6 inch, hard, round, green squashes|
Regular Winter Squash is the same, for times.
- Microwave Whole. (see times below)
- Cut Squash in half clean out seeds & membrane.
- Place squash cut side down - Microwave again.
- Turn cut side up - Add Butter, Brown Sugar and Nuts.
Cover with waxed Paper.
- Microwave Again. Squash is done when you can pierce it easily with a fork.
|Butter (Generous, It forms Sauce).|
|Additional Filling Ideas:|
|Microwave Times (in minutes):|
|For Convention Oven:|
|Halve and seed Squash. Bake cut side down for 35 to 40 min.|
Turn up, Fill and bake 20 minutes longer.